Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!

 One thing I have been so thankful for during my time in Italy is the amazing group of friends God has blessed me with. I distinctly remember being so nervous that I would wind up in Rome, friendless and lonely, but like He always does, God overfilled my cup with so many wonderful friends. Within that group, are several Americans, with whom I got to celebrate Thanksgiving and Easter.

We also made plans to celebrate the 4th of July together, but decided to share the fun of the 4th with our friends from around the world.

The night of the 4th a group of us got together and ate some traditional American (okay traditional Southern) food. Then we headed to the park, lit some sparklers, and sang the National Anthem. It was a great night!!

Here are a few photos of the fun!

The Spread: BBQ Chicken, Green Beans, Blackeyed peas, Cornbread, Fruit Salad

The Chefs...we can call ourselves that, right?

Friends anticipating the yummy Southern American food.

Apple Pie and Vanilla Ice Cream for dessert. Does not get much more American than that.

Go Team America!!

No comments:

Post a Comment