Saturday, July 28, 2012

Recap

This past month I've...

Been peed on by Giulio

Eaten an egg that a hen laid a few hours earlier

Been thrown up on by Giulio

Eaten a 4 euro Pizza Margarita at a pizzeria by myself in Napoli while the waiters and cook kept coming over to make sure I was okay because I was by myself

Had about 18 Caffe Freddi while sitting on a beach staring at Mt. Vesuvius

Had my bikini bottoms pulled down by a child I did not know

Picked peaches, plums, and lemons off trees in our backyard

Been told by an Italian grandmother that I need to hurry and find un bel ragazzo to sposarsi with. Apparently she thinks I am running out of time.

Made peach cobbler with peaches grown in the backyard. The previous president of the Constitutional Court of Italy really enjoyed my peach cobbler!

Gotten bitten by approximately 7,841 zanzare


Eaten 4 different kinds of fish (and liked them! especially the pesce spada Gasp!)

I have also celebrated Giulio's 2nd birthday!


Eaten some of these...

These are Italian donuts, and in Naples and other parts of the south they are called Graff, and they are so much better than the ciambelle you can find in Rome.

Francesca, Cecilia, and I went to Positano.
It is so beautiful there! 

Met up with these girls in Naples, where we played foosball in a convent...
We thought it was weird too.

Cecilia and Francesca tried a fruit roll up!
They have each requested a box to be sent to them once I get back in the States.

Went back to Rome for my weekend off and cried when I saw this for the first time in two weeks.
I swear, no matter how many times I see Il Colosseo it still amazes me.

This month away from Rome has been surprisingly good! It has been tiring and at times, a little lonely, but over all not to shabby.

Now, I am anxious to get back to Rome, for August to start (yay month long vaca!), and for my 3 best friends to arrive!!

How was your July?



2 comments:

  1. Haha--this is great! You'll bring home a lifetime of memories from must one year! I know I only saw it everyday for a week, but I agree about the Colloseum--who could ever get tired of seeing that? As to the bikini incident--onepiece :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyson,
    I am a classmate from Dominion. You went to rome with my sister on a chorus trip, way back when. The next year, I was in chorus with you. You were on my mind for some reason, so I thought I'd look you up. Just thought I'd say hi. I'm glad you're doing well. Looks like you're certainly having fun.

    ReplyDelete