Monday, November 14, 2011

Due Mesi

Today marks my two month anniversary in Rome! It is so hard for me to believe that I have been here that long! I absolutely love it here!

God has been so good to let me be here with this wonderful family! I could not have asked for better kids to take care of!

I have also met wonderful friends, whom I am so thankful for!



Rome has really begin to feel like home, but even still every time I walk by the Colosseum (which is every day) I do a double take! I mean, it just does not look real!
Seriously...amazing!

In other news, I start an Italian class tomorrow! This was kind of a spontaneous decision that a friend and I made today! I am super excited and extremely nervous! I am starting in the middle of the beginner class which started at the beginning of November. Then I will start the next level in December. I have already learned so much just listening and trying to speak, so I am excited to really be able to learn how to communicate with people after I finish these classes! The next six weeks are going to be intense! I will be in class from 11 till 2 every day in addition to my regular au pair duties, but in the end it will be worth it! Before you know it, I will be blogging in Italian (maybe)!

Since I will officially be learning Italian, I am going to start doing mini Italian lessons on my blog! Each week I will feature an Italian word or phrase for all of you out there to learn, so be on the lookout! There may or may not be a quiz!

I also plan on tutoring Italian students when I get home...get ready!

I miss everyone back home, and as Thanksgiving comes closer, I am reminded how thankful I am for each of you!

1 comment:

  1. A quiz? That makes my nerdy little heart happy - and you know PW would approve!

    Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete